krislaughs: (Default)
[personal profile] krislaughs
Made it!

It was a close thing, too. After the first TWELVE HOURS of my trip, I had made it though two flight delays, two missed connections, and exactly two (driving) hours away from where I had started.

US Airways was singularly unhelpful.

My cat went roughly 24 hours stuck in his 15-inch carrier (he's about 15 inches himself) with no litterbox access because every. single. person. at the airport seemed shocked and amazed to learn that you couldn't let a cat out to relieve himself in the airport mandated rock lawn-for-dogs.

I think he survived the experience intact, but am just waiting for him to get a UTI. (After which I will send a bill for my services in treating it to the airline thankyouverymuch.)

~

From the moment I got off the plane, I remembered what humidity was. Not gonna lie, I rather miss not having to don a winter coat for a rainstorm.

The house is nice, but not exactly decorated to my personal asthetic. I'm not sure how much I can change (like removing the pink-flower-and-lace curtains) without insulting the landlords. I suspect much of it will be stored, if for no other reason, than so that my cats cannot scratch it.

~

Clearly, because I arrived today around noon rather than last night around midnight (as originally ticketed) I did not start work today as planned. I kind of don't know what to do with myself. I can only do so much unpacking before my furniture arrives...

No TV yet. But obviously the internet is working!

Maybe I'll just have a glad of wine and take the night off. Now there's an idea!

Date: 2010-06-02 11:59 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] amchara.livejournal.com
Yay! You're freeee! Hope you can find some time to relax now and detox from your horrible internship. *hugs*

Date: 2010-06-04 11:51 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] krisomniac.livejournal.com
Getting there. The movers won't bring my stuff, though, so I'm in an empty house...

Date: 2010-06-03 12:02 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] drvsilla.livejournal.com
Hello and welcome and you're all done and moved even and yay! \o/

CONGRATS. :)

Date: 2010-06-04 11:51 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] krisomniac.livejournal.com
Hahahaa. Done with the internship. Unfortunately the move feels like its just getting started. :D

Thanky!

Date: 2010-06-03 12:08 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] inksheddings.livejournal.com
Glad you made it safely. The wine sounds like a good plan!

Date: 2010-06-04 11:52 am (UTC)

Date: 2010-06-03 01:14 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] deirdre-c.livejournal.com
Pink lacey curtains be damned, YOU'RE THERE!!! \o/

*toasts you*

Date: 2010-06-04 11:52 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] krisomniac.livejournal.com
Hahahaa! I keep looking at them and cringing! (but my stuff is apparently never going to arrive thanks to shitty movers)

Date: 2010-06-03 01:29 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] girlmostlikely.livejournal.com
BYE BYE ANNOYING CO-WORKER! *moons him on your behalf*

*hugs you a lot*

Date: 2010-06-04 11:53 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] krisomniac.livejournal.com
ZOMG, I can't believe I never have to work with him again! SUCH a relief. He never even said goodbye.

Date: 2010-06-03 03:26 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lilacsigil.livejournal.com
I'm glad you made it safely. Poor cat!

Date: 2010-06-04 11:53 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] krisomniac.livejournal.com
Thanky! I was a little worried about him-- especially when he wouldn't eat, but he seems much more himself today (just when I was going to bring him into the hospital)

Date: 2010-06-04 09:40 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cass404.livejournal.com
Welcome to your new home!

Poor kitty.

I hope your things arrive sooner and more safely than expected.

Date: 2010-06-05 04:05 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] one-2-3-4.livejournal.com
Yayyyy, so happy for you!

Date: 2010-06-09 02:20 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] one-2-3-4.livejournal.com
Waitwaitwait - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags

Profile

krislaughs: (Default)
krislaughs

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Page generated Oct. 19th, 2026 03:23 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios
September 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 2017